‘I don’t own a house but I have 7 cars and lands’ – Bukom Banku

 Former Ghanaian boxer Bukom Banku revealed that despite not possessing a house, he boasts ownership of numerous cars and parcels of land. 


The 43-year-old, also known as Braimah Kamoko, stated he possesses seven cars and plots of land scattered across Accra, Kasoa, and the Eastern Region.

"I have seven cars to drive me around Ga Mashie, but I don't have a house. I only have lands. But I use my earnings to take care of my children. Maybe he (points to his son Abu Kamoko) can build me a house, but personally I don’t own a house. I have lands in Ga Mashie and Kasoa. The ones in the Eastern region, I can't even count them,” he told Onua TV.

Although he lacks a residential property, Bukom Banku emphasized his commitment to supporting his children financially through his earnings. 

He humorously suggested that his son Abu Kamoko might build him a house in the future, while pointing out his holdings in Ga Mashie and Kasoa, along with unspecified plots in the Eastern Region.


Bukom Banku gained prominence in 1999 with a bronze medal at the All-Africa Games in Johannesburg, South Africa. Throughout his twenty-year career, he clinched titles such as the WBO Africa Light Heavyweight and WBO Africa Cruiserweight. 

Despite a solitary defeat against Ghanaian rival Bastie Samir seven years ago, he retired from boxing in November 2023 due to eye problems.

His son, Abu Kamoko, following in his footsteps, has begun carving his path in boxing, earning attention with a silver medal at the 2023 African Games. 

With aspirations to compete in the Olympics and pursue a career in professional boxing, Abu aims to continue the family legacy in the sport.

Comments

Post a Comment