Legendary Farewell: Toni Kroos Bids Adieu to Professional Football After Glorious Decade with Real Madrid

 Real Madrid's midfield stalwart, Toni Kroos, has announced his retirement from professional football, marking the end of an illustrious career at the conclusion of the 2023-24 season. The 34-year-old German international surprised the footballing world with this decision, revealing the news on Tuesday, May 21.In an Instagram announcement, the 34-year-old, who clinched the 2014 World Cup with Germany, revealed his decision to conclude his playing career after the upcoming Euro 2024.

After enjoying a decade filled with trophies at Los Blancos, Kroos affirmed that Real Madrid would be his final club, having previously represented Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen.

"As I have always said: Real Madrid is and will be my last club," he stated, as reported by Fabrizio Romano. Reflecting on his journey, Kroos fondly recalled his first day at the club, emphasizing its profound impact on both his footballing career and personal life.

"July 17th, 2014—the day of my presentation at Real Madrid, the day that changed my life. My life as a footballer—but especially as a person. It was the start of a new chapter at the biggest club in the world. After 10 years, at the end of the season, this chapter comes to an end."

The 2014 World Cup winner expressed deep gratitude to all who contributed to his successful tenure at the Santiago Bernabeu, particularly acknowledging the unwavering support of the club's devoted fans.

"I will never forget that insolent successful time! I would particularly like to thank everyone who welcomed me with an open heart and trusted me. But especially, I would like to thank you, dear Madridistas, for your affection and your love from the first day until the last one."

Kroos revealed that his final appearance as a footballer will be with Germany at this summer's Euros. Additionally, he disclosed his ambition to secure the Champions League title next month.

"At the same time, this decision means that my career as an active footballer will end this summer after the Euro championship. I am happy and proud that I found the right timing for my decision and that I could choose it myself. My ambition was always to finish my career at the peak of my performance level. From now on, there is only one leading thought: a por la 15!!! HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS!"


Real Madrid acknowledged Kroos' immense contributions, describing him as one of the club and international football's most distinguished figures in their official statement. Throughout his tenure, Kroos amassed four Liga titles, leaving an indelible mark on both Real Madrid and the footballing world.

Comments

Post a Comment