I sold my house and emptied my savings account to build my school – Yvonne Nelson

Renowned actress and film producer Yvonne Nelson has shared the numerous challenges she faced while establishing her school. 


In an interview, she revealed that the journey to open the newly commissioned Yvonne Nelson International School was arduous and filled with obstacles.

Yvonne Nelson recounted that she exhausted her savings and struggled to secure financial support or loans from banks. She explained that the interest rates offered by the banks were unreasonable, prompting her to sell her house and other properties to fund the school’s construction.


“Obviously, we just started with the primary school, and this is just phase one. We are going to continue and expand. It’s really crazy because, at a point, I had to get personal. When we started the project, I went to the banks for a loan, but the interest rates didn’t make sense. 

So, I had to sell my house. I had so many memories there, but I told myself, Yvonne, this is the only way. So, I sold the house, started the building, and when the money ran out, I had to dip into my savings,” she explained.

Despite the difficulties she encountered, Yvonne Nelson expressed her unwavering commitment to the school project, believing it will have a significant impact and nurture future leaders for the country.

 She said, “Regardless of all the challenges, my heart is in the school project. I know we are going to achieve great things, and a lot of future leaders will emerge from this school.

Comments

Post a Comment