My music is no different from Asake's - Fameye addresses fan criticism of his music

Ghanaian musician Fameye has voiced his dissatisfaction with the lack of support within the local music industry.

During an interview with media personality Rev Erskine, he expressed disappointment over how he and other artists are treated by Ghanaians. 

He highlighted that, despite creating music similar to Nigerian artist Asake, he doesn’t receive the same recognition from his home country.

"Some of our people are not truthful. It is not like I am complaining. What I do is no different from what Asake does or more. If you listen to my Songs of Peter album, I blended English and Twi in the lyrics to make it nice. The beat was crazy. It is so sad. I am a hard guy but sometimes they make me sad." 

Fameye noted that while Ghanaians appreciate the talents of their musicians, they often fall short in giving them the support and validation needed for growth. 

He shared that he often receives more positive feedback from fans abroad than from Ghanaians, which sometimes makes him doubt his worth. 

"Ghanaians appreciate the talent we have, and that is why I am here, but they should just add a little bit of value and support. For example, if I travel to America and buy the same clothes Asake wears, our own people will say it is fake. Whenever I travel, I always get two or three people who compliment me but Ghanaians won't do the same."

 He emphasized that this lack of support is a major factor hindering Ghanaian artists from achieving global success.

Fameye Releases a new song titled Very Soon. 


The artist posted a video of himself dressed in all-black, singing and dancing to his new song, which was released on September 11. Song is out on all DSPs. 

watch video here:


Comments